Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chipped Polish...On Purpose?

(my messy mani)

(professionally messy mani, via Stylelist)

One person's trash is another person's....trend? Well, that seems to be the case with, of all things, chipped nail polish. I know, I know, it used to be the tiniest of chips required a complete redo. Nowadays it seems chipped polish is, dare I say it, stylish.

To me, this look will never be stylish. I think it looks sloppy and gives the impression you don't care. Maybe that is part of the appeal. But honestly, are people really paying to get chipped manicures? That seems silly. Just look at the pictures of my manicure (which I did myself and lasted a full two weeks before chipping!) chipped from regular wear and tear. It got a little out of control from a particularly large batch of dirty dishes and fervent typing. I took it off immediately after documenting my mussed up nails.

Listen ladies, I'm all for trying out the latest and greatest. And all too often I eagerly shell out my hard-earned money in the name of beauty, but this isn't just isn't for me.

Has anyone gone for a chipped mani? I'm curious what one entails.

1 comment:

  1. It's not just ladies who read your blog! Although I guess I've never had a manicure, so I see your point...

    ReplyDelete