Sunday, December 12, 2010

Jewelry of the Month?

(image via Styelist)

I realize this post isn't about beauty but I felt like discussing it anyway, so here we go. JewelMint is a new jewelry line collaboration between Kate Bosworth and celeb stylist Cher Coulter.

While leafing through January's issue of Lucky Magazine, which the lovely Kate is on, I was able to preview some pieces from the collection. Kate wears several on the cover including a set of earrings and some stackable rings (which are super cute). But what really caught my eye was the "Poseidon" pendant. I love long, statement necklaces, so I immediately went online to JewelMint's site to buy it. I was already sold from the picture. Sadly, when I got to the page, I was met with confusion followed by frustration.

I really just wanted to find the necklace and purchase it. However, apparently you need to sign up for an account for $29.99/month. You take a style quiz to determine which pieces of jewelry are recommended for your specific tastes and each month you receive a piece of jewelry in the mail. It seems you can skip any month you aren't in love with something. I have to say I'm not really into the process. As I mentioned, I became frustrated and I closed out of the website. Maybe I'll revisit in the future but for now, I think I can just find something similar in the same price range that I can instantly purchase and enjoy.

Has anyone tried JewelMint? And if so, what are your thoughts, is it worth signing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment