Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hail to the Chic

I love nail polish. In the summertime, I can't live without it on my toes. Once the warm weather hits and the sandals come out, it's necessary. At least for me.

I love to keep up with the new "it" colors of the season. There are some general color families I will always shy away from, such as anything yellow. Just can't do it. And while I veer towards the brights and pastels for spring and summer, I am currently in love with Sally Hansen's "Commander in Chic". It's a dead ringer for Chanel's Particuliere. So for those of you looking for the lovely mix of grey, purple and brown combined into a single gorgeous shade- at a mere $7.59 compared to Chanel's heftier price tag, it's a bargain.

While I was already sold with the color alone, the whole design of this bottle is pretty great. The cap has a little black rubber ring, making it easier to hold and control. This is great, if, like me, painting your nails is more like painting your entire finger; the brush is much easier to control. And, speaking of the brush, it's genius. The design is a little shorter and wider, which translates into more coverage with each stroke. Yay for that! Happy painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment