Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Glow

Summer makes you want to be outside and feel the sun on your skin. A lot of times we wear as little clothing as possible and tiny bathing suits to enjoy the warm weather. And sometimes we are blinded by glaringly pale skin. Sorry, everyone, usually that's me.

Jergens has been my go-to for self tanner for years now. When KAO Brands released Jergens Natural Glow in March of 2005, they quickly sold out. You couldn't find it anywhere. This product worked! Its claims to darken you a full shade in a week were true. So I happily stocked up once it hit the shelves again.

So when they came out with the Natural Glow foam, I had to try it. I'm so glad I did. I will never go back to anything else. This product is genius. It has the same gradual darkening as the original (honestly, I think the foam works even better) but it's much easier to apply and dries so quickly. I opt for the "Medium to Tan" formula to get a darker color, but they also have one for "Fair to Medium" skin tones for a subtle color. The best way to apply is to shower, exfoliate, and apply after you've toweled any excess water off your skin. It's easy to spread on and is never streaky. Once it's dry (which is lightning-quick) you can dress immediately and not worry about transferring color to your clothes. Plus there is no funky smell, which is usually the giveaway of a fake tan.

If you're looking for a fake bake that looks like you just spent a week on a tropical vacation, this is what you're looking for. Jergens also has an express formula and another for your face. And of course, always apply sunscreen! Get glowing.

1 comment:

  1. lovely review, i enjoyed reading it!
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete