Wednesday, April 6, 2011

FAIRYDROPS Scandal Queen Mascara

Beauty fanatic (and marketer's dream) that I am, I usually try to give new products a test-drive, especially if I've heard or read something particularly good about it. I'm not quite sure what it is, but Japan seems to crank out the most got-to-have-it-now, coveted beauty products. My latest acquisition is no exception.

Wearing mascara creates a look. I feel naked on those days I forget to give my lashes a quick swipe before I whirl like a tornado out the door. It just makes me feel put together, even when I'm clearly not. As I've mentioned, I've been genetically blessed in the lash department but I simply can't resist gussying them up with a lush, inky mascara.

Quite honestly, I don't remember how I heard about FAIRYDROPS. It's a Japanese brand that has recently landed here in the states. Needless to say I stalked Sephora (the only outpost to carry the mascara at the moment). My regular haunt was sold out, only solidifying the fact that I needed this mascara in my life....like yesterday. About a week and a different Sephora later, I was checking out the mascara display when I spotted the shiny gold tube housed in a shiny pink box. I can neither confirm nor deny that I snatched it off the shelf like a selfish grade-schooler in fear that another beauty lover would take the last one before I could get my hands on it.

I don't curl my lashes, but truth be told it's due to sheer laziness. If a mascara wants to do it for me, sign me up. FAIRYDROPS makes good on their word, which is good since they had me at the whimsical packaging. My lashes were perfectly curled after a few passes with the odd yet cleverly-shaped wand. I'm not sure how it does it but the results speak for themselves. Scandal Queen is a dark black color that leaves each and every lash fully coated and super glossy. And even though I'm an eye-rubber, I did not experience the midday raccoon eye or any flaking (which was a complaint amongst some reviewers). I found it's easily removed with warm water, plus it also comes off in almost tube-like pieces if you would rather skip the water. I don't recommend it since an extremely gentle hand is required so you don't pull out lashes. Overall, FAIRYDROPS has moved to my number one slot for a go-to mascara. Check it out and pick one up here.

3 comments:

  1. The Sephora in Century City didn't have it. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been cool if you and another woman had reached for the same box and then had a rasslin' match.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim- I found it at the Sephora in Pasadena. You can order it online too. That was my next move if I couldn't find it in the store.

    ReplyDelete