Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Get Polished For Easter

With Easter right around the corner, and fond memories of dying eggs vibrant colors, there is not a more suitable time for a candy-colored nail. Actually, candy colors are always suitable.

As you can tell from this blog, I love nail polish. It really is such an easy way to experiment and if you don't love something, simply take it off and try a new color. And all the fun extras like shatter, crackle, and iridescent flakes make it easy to get super-creative.

It is nice when a polish is so great it can stand alone. I've been wearing Essie's Tart Deco and OPI's I Vant to Be A-Lone Star incessantly. Tart Deco is the holy grail of corals, not too pink, not too orange just a perfect combination of the two. I Vant to Be A-Lone Star is a barely-there blue with a touch of silver shimmer. Both are amazingly creamy and apply with no streaking. I only used two coats for full coverage and opacity. And both Essie and OPI have extremely long wear and stand up to my constant typing and horrible habit of picking staples out of papers with my nail instead of taking the time to search for my staple remover. Hey, we all have our things.

What are your favorite spring colors for polish?

No comments:

Post a Comment