Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Living Proof helps you play it straight

It's been well over a decade that I've been fighting my natural curls and waves. With the years, my methods have grown with the technology offered. Gone are my days of dragging a clamped curling iron over my hair to flatten it, as are the days of using an actual iron (hello fire hazard). Now I have sleek flat irons and a multitude of creams, lotions and potions to transform me from curly to straight.

Admittedly, I should not be so hell-bent on forcing my curls into pin-straight perfection but the grass is always greener, right? And when a shiny, new product is sitting right in the display as I enter the store, what am I going to do? I have to at least check it out.

I enjoy the Living Proof line. I have used their wave/curl shaping cream-which is awesome and doesn't make your hair crunchy. Recently, they introduced their Straight Spray. It called out to me instantly. I wasn't ready to commit to the gigantic bottle, so luckily they have a mini (not so mini price though) that I could try out. I wanted to love this spray but I'm only in like with it.

It for sure protects from heat damage which is a mega-bonus for someone like me that tortures my poor strands with volcanic temperatures. It also does help to extend your heat styling, and works on both wet and dry hair. But is it just me, or should straight spray help to, um, straighten your hair? This is did not do. At least not for me. To be fair, I have really high, almost unattainable expectations when it comes to straightening products. I want something that does all the work for me and unfortunately outside of getting all formaldehyde-y, technology is not there yet.

Application is crazy easy but I highly recommend spraying in a well-ventilated area to avoid tasting the spray for the next 10 minutes. The smell is amazing and even better the next day when it's reactivated with heat tools. Overall, I really like this so I will continue to use it until someone makes a spray that's quite simply straight hair in a can.

2 comments:

  1. Your expectations are impossible to meet!

    (I'm only talking about beauty products of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, this did nothing for me either. I gave away the (small-in-size/not-small-in-price) bottle I bought to a co-worker after giving it a few tries to work for me.

    The search continueth.

    ReplyDelete