Monday, September 19, 2011

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

As you know from my last post, I love the sleek look of straight hair. Let's be honest, we all love it. But even with straightened strands I need to have volume and texture. I don't want my hair to look flat and limp. I also like to get several days out of my straight style. So what's a girl to do? Second-day-hair is great for adding texture but tends to make my hair flat on top and without washing it can get a little icky.

Oribe's Dry Texturizing Spray is perhaps the best styling product I've come across in a while. It's like dry shampoo and hair spray had a perfect styling baby. This hybrid is not really a dry shampoo or a hair spray but has all the benefits of both and none of the drawbacks. The polymers take away any oil like a dry shampoo would but this is not powdery at all, leaving no tell-tale white patches. And it adds texture and volume like a hair spray would but without stickiness or crunchiness. And it gives a bit of hold and tons of movement.

How could this possibly get any better? The smell is ridiculously good and lasts well into the next day so it's perfect for after-work cocktails. It's a little pricey but just a small amount of this fine mist goes a loooong way.

1 comment:

  1. I never learned where babies come from but I don't think it's from hair spray and shampoo.

    ReplyDelete