Monday, September 26, 2011

Smooth as a baby's....

Lips! Smooth as a baby's lips people. Take your minds off bottoms. This is a beauty blog and I'm not in the business of showing off derrieres. However, like all of us my lips are on show daily and sometimes especially during the cooler months they can look less than stellar. Once the dry, arctic temps roll in so do dry, cracked lips. Not cute.

Luckily, I happened upon Maybelline's newest lippie, Baby Lips. Once I got past the cutesy name I realized this balm is jam-packed full of good-for-your-lips ingredients. All of which are aimed at helping restore lip's moisture along with repairing fine lines and coloration resulting in lips as smooth as a, er, baby.

I picked one up in Quench (a clear balm). It smells faintly of Fruity Pebbles and tastes nice as well. The slick balm comes in another clear choice with a peppermint flavor, and four colors. I wouldn't say the moisturizing power is a full 8 hours as it states but it did last significantly longer than other balms I've used and it hydrates immediately.

I don't typically like a lot of color from balms, so I'll probably only try the other clear one, but these are definitely worth checking out. Check out how Maybelline makeup artist Charlotte Willer used Baby Lips on the runway here.

No comments:

Post a Comment