Monday, August 16, 2010

The Lash Life

(bare lashes)

(with LashBlast Fusion-top lashes only)
Lucky for me, I've been blessed with naturally long and dark lashes. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here but beep, beep. There were occasions when makeup artists would ask if I was wearing false lashes when in actuality it was just a touch of mascara.

Over the years, I've found it's one of my favorite assets to play up. For the most part what I look for over anything else in a mascara is the coloring. It needs to be dark. I'll always pick up the blackest black shade offered. I don't really need lengthening or volume on a regular basis. However, when I saw CoverGirl's LashBlast Fusion, I decided to give it a whirl.

I heart this mascara. The color is perfect (I purchased the Black; Very Black wasn't available) and darkens my lashes nicely without being overwhelming. The consistency is not too inky (i.e. instant smudges on your eyelids) and does not clump at all. Bonus! It performs in both the length and volume departments as you can tell from the images above, all while still looking natural.

Despite hitting the lash lottery, I have never been a fan of curling my lashes. I've done it maybe twice in my life. I'm sure if I made the effort I would enjoy the results. Sadly, I don't see that happening. But this mascara manages to give a bit of curl as well. Yay for me, effortless results! I would whole-heartedly recommend this to anyone in search of a great mascara. This one does it all.

PS- This comes off so easily with either soap and water or makeup remover. And it doesn't leave the telltale racoon eye a lot of mascaras do.

No comments:

Post a Comment