Friday, June 24, 2011

Brow Wiz(ardry)

They say the eyes are the window to the soul. Well, those window adornments we call eyebrows say just as much about us. My relationship with my brows has been a tumultuous one. As a teen I had the full brows that are having a serious moment right now. Sadly, at the time, big, bushy brows were not so glam. And I had more of a big, bushy brow (that's right, singular). So at an early age I was introduced to the wonders of waxing. It was a whole new world.

Defined arches, separate brows... it was wondrous. Of course you can't wax again until there is enough regrowth to grab, so tweezers became my new best friend. Let's just say there was a point when we were a little too close: I over plucked. I know I'm not alone in this, I'm talking to you cartoon brows- you know who you are. A single drawn-on line is not a natural look and frankly, it detracts from your eyes. It's just plain old harsh-looking. I didn't want to head down that path. I let mine start to grow back. There are sections that will never be as Brooke-Shields-full as their heyday back in middle school. But I've since learned the difference between maintenance and overzealous grooming.

Now when I'm feeling nostalgic over my fallen fuzzy eye caterpillars I whip out Anastasia's Brow Wiz pencil. WOW! I had never thought to use a brow pencil before. This product has changed my life. I had no idea my brows could look this good. Holy arches (albeit fake ones)! The tip of the pencil is extremely small so each stroke mimics tiny hairs. The other end of the pencil contains a brow brush which is perfect for blending and shaping. The finished product is beautifully defined, natural looking eyebrows. It's hard to describe just how much of a difference it makes, you have to try it for yourself. I had a few people notice something different but they weren't quite able to place their finger on it.

Brow Wiz comes in three colors: Ash Blonde, Medium Ash and Brunette (I have the brunette). You need to try this, even if you don't think you need a brow pencil, you do. Trust me. Buy here; it will be the best $20 you spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment