Friday, June 17, 2011

You had me at Monoi

Monoi means quite literally "scented oil." Truly legit monoi comes from Tahiti where the process of creating monoi is steeped in tradition as well as strict processing codes. The tiare flowers are picked before they are fully open and then placed in coconut oil where they blossom, infusing the oil with their gorgeous scent. Monoi oil has been around for centuries and boasts a number of beneficial properties for skin and hair.

Enter Carol's Daughter and their new Monoi Repairing Shampoo. This sulfate and paraben-free cleanser is like a tropical vacation in a bottle. The exotic scent is swoon-worthy. The rich, creamy formula gently cleans and moisturizes hair. And on top of all that, monoi oil protects hair from the elements and can help clear up dreaded dandruff.

My first wash left my hair tangle-free and smelling of lush gardenia. I only purchased the shampoo to test out this line and will definitely be going back for the conditioner as well. I have very fine hair and this shampoo rinses clean and doesn't leave behind any film to weigh my hair down. I can definitely see an overall improvement in the condition of my hair and during my aggressive brushings there has been less breakage. I know, I know- I need to be gentle when brushing sopping wet hair, but my hair knots up at the mere sight of water so I tend to tug a bit hard. I imagine the Monoi Repairing Conditioner will speed up my post-shower tug-o-war with my tresses.

I have used countless shampoos and conditioners over the years and I'm happy to say I'm super excited about this reparative duo. Note to Carol's Daughter, this one was worth the wait! Buy here.

1 comment:

  1. I've been a fan of Carol's Daughter products for many years and I can say they're all reliable! I hadn't tried the monoi products yet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete